2018 National 4-H Shooting Sports Workshop Registration Deadline- Madrid- Iowa
Date: April 15, 2018
Time: All Day
Contact: John Borba, email@example.com, (661)868-6216
Sponsor: 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: Clover Woods Camp
2018 National 4-H Shooting Sports Workshop
Clover Woods Camp, Madrid, Iowa
May 6-10, 2018
Participants completing the course will be certified in one of the following disciplines:
Archery, Coordinator, Hunting, Muzzle Loading, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, and Western Heritage
Registration fees and deadlines as follows:
- March 31, 2018: $360 per person
- April 1 – April 15, 2018: $400 per person
Checks payable to:
Iowa State University Extension
No Registrations Accepted After April 15, 2018
The workshop registration/check in is from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Sunday, May 6 with the program beginning at 6:00 pm.
Participants are expected to arrive on time and participate in all parts of the program. The registration fee listed on the workshop application includes the cost of meals, dormitory lodging, program and insurance.
In order for a participant to attend a National 4-H Shooting Sports Workshop, s/he must meet the following:
- Be a 4-H certified leader in the discipline in which enrolled. (With State training opportunities limited in the Western Heritage discipline, teaching experiences in similar programs or in other disciplines will be considered.) Understand that this is a National 4- H instructor training with the expectation that the participant return to their respective state to become a member of their state training team where they will commit to assist in teaching one state workshop annually for 3 years.
- Have a minimum level of experience teaching in the discipline to be determined by each discipline instructor(s).
- Have interest in 4-H, positive youth development, and S.T.E.M.
- Endorse the Train-the-Trainer concept in 4-H Shooting Sports.
- Have experience teaching youth and/or adults.
- Have current 4-H Volunteer status or Extension Faculty status in their state.
- Have been recommended by their State 4-H Shooting Sports Coordinator.
If you are interested in attending this event, contact John Borba, California 4-H Shooting Sports Coordinator
The workshop is being supported by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, Federal Ammunition and other donor supporters.