Fadzayi Elizabeth Mashiri Ph.D.
5009 Fairgrounds Road
Mariposa, CA 95338-9435
Fadzayi Mashiri was born and raised in Zimbabwe.
Prior to joining UC Cooperative Extension, she was a Senior Research Specialist at the University of Arizona mainly working on adaptive grazing management focused on developing sustainable grazing in desert ecosystems.
Before that Fadzayi worked in Zimbabwe as a lecturer and chairperson of the department of Livestock and Wildlife Management at the Midlands State University and as a Senior Agricultural Extension Officer for the Agriculture Extension Services.
SpecialtyLivestock Management, Rangeland Ecology and Management, Management of Natural Resources
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Beef Cattle / Beef / Other Cattle Prod
- Natural Resc and Commodities - General
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Management of Range Resources
- Sustainable Natural Ecosystems
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Mashiri, Fadzayi (2015). Fast and easy rangeland monitoring using repeat photography. UC ANR Green Blog.
- Mashiri, Fadzayi (2015). Low residual dry matter on rangeland a concern heading into wet season. UC ANR Green Blog.
- Mashiri, Fadzayi (2014). Looking ahead: Post drought rangeland management. Green Blog. September 3. http://ucanr.edu/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=15184
- Mashiri, Fadzayi * Hutchinson Barbara * Ruyle George (2011). "International Outreach." from http://globalrangelands.org/international-outreach.
- Mashiri, Fadzayi (1999). Farming Systems and Food Security in Low Rainfall Communal Areas of Zimbabwe. The Case of Zvishavane District, Midlands Province.N. Shanmugaratnum. 110.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Beef Safety and Quality Assurance - Member
- Ecological Restoration - Member
- Livestock Production Systems - Member
- Oak Woodland Conservation - Member