2018 California State Field Day
Date: June 2, 2018
Time: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Contact: Jessica Bautista, firstname.lastname@example.org,530-750-1341
Sponsor: 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: University of California - West Quad
The largest and most comprehensive educational event for 4-H youth members (age 9-19) and 4-H volunteer educators, California State 4-H Field Day has more than 1,500 participants annually. Since 2002, 4-H'ers from throughout the state have come together to connect and compete in this statewide event, held annually on the last Saturday of May on the campus of the University of California, Davis.
The goal of the event is to provide a culminating experience for 4-H members in their year-long 4-H education in public speaking, textiles, plant sciences, photography, interview skills, and entomology.
Contests and Activities
Each contest and activity is coordinated by 4-H volunteers and youth, with coordination and facility support provided by the State 4-H Office.
Please see individual activity pages for times and locations for participants and volunteers.
- State 4-H Presentation Day
- State 4-H Fashion Revue
- 4-H Robotics Competition
- State 4-H Photography Contest
- State 4-H Film Festival
- State 4-H Interview Contest
- Logo Contest
Drop-in activities (no pre-registration required)
- Entomology Contest
- State 4-H Plant Science Contest - Qualifier for the National Junior Horticulture Association Convention
- Judging Contest
- Logo Contest - vote for next year's State Field Day logo
- 4-H Film Festival - watch all the films submitted this year!
NEW! Primary Activities for 5 to 9 year old 4-H'ers
Age-appropriate activities help keep them included and engaged in State Field Day!
- 4-H STEM Egg Drop Stop by and build a device to support an egg made from materials provided or bring your own supplies!
- 4-H Promotional Advertising Contest Create an ad to promote 4-H! Use your creativity to create an ad for use in print OR online on websites and social media.
- 4-H Robotics Drop-In Activities Training available for the entry level course.
You can find more detailed information at California State 4-H Field Day #Ca4HStateFieldDay.