Master Gardener Program - Garden & Landscape Information
Do you need help with your garden? Have a pest problem? Curious about what will grow well in our region? Click here to contact us.
“The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Wading through the Weeds in Mariposa County”
With Master Gardener Coordinator, Kris Randal
Saturday, July 16, 2016
10:00 am to 12:00 noon
Board of Supervisors Chambers,
5100 Bullion Street, Mariposa CA
Topics to be covered include:
- An overview of the kinds of weeds that plague our Foothill community and how to control them;
- Specific weeds, from Bachelor Button to Yellow Starthistle to Tree of Heaven;
- The difference between invasive and noxious weeds;
- The differences between a native weed and an invasive, non-native weed and why it’s important to know the distinctions
- Plus, what makes a weed a weed.
Click Here to register online for this FREE workshop or call (209) 966-2417.
To extend research based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives
UCCE Master Gardener Program of Mariposa County: Bylaws 2015