Master Gardener Program - Garden & Landscape Information
Do you need help with your garden? Have a pest problem? Curious about what will grow well in our region? Click here to contact us.
Plant Sale & Garden Art Sale
Saturday May 7, 2016 - 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Mariposa Fairgrounds, Amigo Picnic Area
- A large assortment of vegetables, fruits, herbs, native and drought-tolerant plants, annuals and perennials, succulents, grasses, trees and shrubs, water plants, and house plants;
- The art table will feature hand-painted tools and rocks, trivets, and hand-made plant ID signs.
- Pick up mosquito fish from the Mariposa County Health Department tank(suggested donation$5.)
- There will be an information booth for gardening questions, plus demonstrations and displays of techniques including square-foot gardening, straw-bale gardening, gray-water systems and what plants do well together.
Please bring boxes to transport purchased plants and a bucket to transport mosquito fish.
Spring Garden Tour
Saturday May 21, 2016 from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Featuring 5 Private Mariposa Gardens, plus our Mariposa Creek Demonstration Garden
Mother Nature has done a wonderful job spiffing up our meadows and hillsides this spring, and local gardeners have been doing the same to get ready for the annual Mariposa Master Gardener Spring Garden Tour May 21.
The landscaper home: This garden has been lovingly nurtured over 26 years and every step you take will speak to the success of this Master Gardener.
The propagation home: Learn to propagate plants from cuttings and take your “babies” home.
The herb home: You’ll get an herb to take home.
The cottage home: The owner of this B&B has carefully placed every plant, tree, and stone path among the existing native trees in this cottage garden.
The evergreen garden: A high-tech irrigation system keeps water use at a minimum, even with two emerald lawns to care for.
The demonstration garden: In addition to strolling the pathway, you can query Master Gardeners about your own garden, and find out how to register for the 2017 Master Gardener training class.
$12.00 Advance Tickets; $15.00 Day of Tour
- Tickets available at: The UCCE Mariposa Office, Mariposa Visitor’s Center, Chocolate Soup, or from any Master Gardener
- Click here to buy tickets on-line and pay with a credit card.
- All guests must have tickets, including children not in arms.
- No refunds rain or shine.
- No strollers,
- No smoking.
To extend research based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives
UCCE Master Gardener Program of Mariposa County: Bylaws 2015